Hojin's SW Orlando Real Estate Scoop

Real Estate News for Dr. Phillips, Windermere, Gotha, Celebration, Winter Garden, Ocoee, Clermont, Metrowest

Hojin's SW Orlando Real Estate Scoop header image 2

Dr. Phillips Community Park Opens

December 14th, 2007 · 16 Comments

drphillips_waterpark.jpg

The Dr. Phillips Community Park recently opened to rave reviews at least from the looks of this guy. The new park is located adjacent to Sand Lake Elementary on Buena Vista Woods Dr. just past the Diamond Cove and Emerald Forest subdivisions. There’s also a pathway from Darlene Rd. so residents from this area can get to the park with just a short walk.

There’s so many activities here alongside views of Big Sand Lake. The water park seems to be a big hit, but there’s also a lighted baseball field, 2 lighted soccer fields, 2 sand volleyball courts, basketball court, an amphitheater, playground, dog park, picnic areas, playground, and walking trails along the lake. A sign at the park indicates that there is a charge for use of the water park but I didn’t see anyone collecting entrance fees when I visited.

It’s just a great new place and another reason why SW Orlando is such a good place to call home.

Video of the Dog Park

Video of the Splash Park

Tags: Places in SW Orlando · SW Orlando Bulletin

16 responses so far ↓

• 1 Whit Dodson // Feb 27, 2008 at 10:07 am

The park is great, and couldn’t have opened at a better time. I have been holding a soccer game on Fridays at 4pm each week, and attendance is growing. The fields are brand new, and kept up well. The park guys usually kick us out at 6pm; but they are professional. Email if interested in playing.

• 2 maritza lebron // Jun 2, 2008 at 3:06 pm

the soccer game, is it for adults or for little ones?

• 3 Hojin Chang // Jun 14, 2008 at 11:29 pm

I got an email from Whit and he says the soccer game is for adults.

• 4 WD // Jul 7, 2008 at 9:00 pm

We had to move the games to 5pm; most of the people who attend have to work and get out late. The games have temporarily been moved to Dr. Phillips High School, as the park went under construction recently. I would say that the age demographic ranges from 18-35yr olds.

• 5 kamal // Jul 25, 2008 at 11:02 am

What is the exact address of the park? i cant seem to find it anywhere.

• 6 Hojin Chang // Jul 27, 2008 at 12:35 pm

The address of the park is 8249 Buenavista Woods BV, Orlando, FL 32836

• 7 Sarah // Sep 9, 2008 at 4:27 pm

Thanks Hojin this helped me out a lot!

• 8 Vivian // Apr 19, 2009 at 10:15 am

Hello, I am looking for a good place for grown ups and kids to have a nice picnic where we could find tables- grill and shade. Please advise – is this park set with some tables? Do we find easy shade?

Vivian

• 9 Hojin Chang // Apr 19, 2009 at 10:49 pm

Vivian, there are tables, shades, and great for a picnic.

• 10 Ryan Bates // Jul 9, 2009 at 3:56 pm

Whit Dodson haven’t heard that name for a long time……. Either way, I used to live over there a long time ago but now living in Los Angeles, CA. I’m sure it’s nice to finally have a nice park close to the area over there… I mean we always had the neighborhood park @ Bay Lakes but it wasn’t exactly “nice”. Good to see some things changing for the better over there.

• 11 Braddock Park Now Open for Play // Jul 15, 2009 at 10:15 am

[…] so you better get a game out here soon. I hope they get a soccer game going here like they do at the Dr. Phillips Park. There’s 2 baseball and 2 soccer fields with lights so you don’t have to play in the […]

• 12 Meagan // Sep 28, 2009 at 8:44 pm

Curious do we have to permission to have picnic in grassy area as we would pavillion? Or to use a grill?

• 13 Hojin Chang // Sep 29, 2009 at 9:00 am

I believe you’re allowed to picnics in the grass, but I’m sure the county workers will say something if they have problem.

• 14 Debbie // Jun 15, 2010 at 6:53 pm

I would like to do my son’s bday party at this park, how would I go about renting a pavillion? It will be Sept 5th.

• 15 Hojin Chang // Jun 15, 2010 at 7:50 pm

Contact Orange County Park & Recreation at (407) 254-9038

• 16 natty // Jul 21, 2010 at 11:28 pm

hello..i was wonder if i would like to use the grill that has tables and shadow…do i have to pay or just reserve it?..