In a recent Today Show appearance, Barbara Corcoran recently gave 5 great tips for selling your home.
- The real estate market is sluggish until after Super Bowl Sunday, so February is a great time to put your home on the market
- Price your home 10% to 15% below the competition
- Do a home inspection and make the repairs prior to putting your home on the market, because 2/3 of contract cancellations are due to inspections
- Wage war online meaning great photographs are absolutely critical in the marketing of your home
- Focus on the kitchen, living room, and front facade when making improvements
In closing she mentioned real estate nothing to do with head and logic and more to do with emotions, and I say she hit the nail in the head with this one. Home buyers buy with their emotions and find a way to justify it in their head.
Keeping these tips in mind when selling will definitely increase your chances of success in a buyer’s market.